With our APT & Travelmarvel information evening running this evening we thought this was the perfect time to remind everyone of a few set group departures we have running in conjunction with these fantastic companies.
Rhine & Rhone River Cruise.
This 21 day programme takes a fantastic trip starting with a few days in Paris before travelling up to Amsterdam where we board our first cruise boat and sail down the Rhine over the course of several days until we hit Basel, where we disembark for a short overland trip to Lyon where we join our second cruise vessel and then cruise down the Rhone to Nice, where we disembark and head for Monte Carlo where we spend a last few nights before heading home.
With almost 20 locations visited in a 21 day period this tour is a fantastic way to visit one of the more picturesque areas or France, Germany and Switzerland as you cruise through the famed regions of Alsasc and Lorraine, the Black Forest, the edges of the Swiss Alps and into the Cote de Azur.
Currently available from AU$11,790 per person including varying fly free deals, with the end of the year creeping up on us now is the time to book in your space aboard this departure to ensure that you get the best offers available.
Canada & Alaska.
Nearly everyone has at some point seen on TV, or on posters, newspaper adverts and other media the scenic lakes and soaring mountains of the Canadian Rocky Mountains .. like Banff which is pictured above. As well as the frozen Glaciers, Grizzly Bears, Pioneer Towns, Modern Cities and unspoilt wilderness that is part of most Canada and Alaska advertisements. For good reason, these places area s truly incredible as the adverts make them seem, and in some cases are even more inspiring when you actually get there!
Our 21 Day departure leaving in August starts on the Island of Victoria seeing the sights of this incredible region before hopping aboard our tour bus and traversing the highlights of the Rocky Mountains before returning to Vancouver aboard the renown Rocky Mountaineer, where we then board a cruise ship and explore the frontier towns, native american culture, wildlife and scenery of the Inside passage before returning once again to Vancouver where our journey ends.
This tour has a little something for everybody, and can be enhanced by adding in those little tours that not everyone wants to do – such as Whale Watching, Dog Sledding, Glacier Walks and Rafting on the Mountain Lakes. This programme visits over a dozen location during the tour and has time in every location to really get a feel for the place you are visiting.
Currently available from AU$9895 per person in share twin, now is the time to book while all the early bird and flight specials are still in full swing.
You can look up more information on our Rhone & Rhine Departure and our Canada & Alaska Departure on our website, or if you want the information straight from the source join us for tonight’s informational session – limited spaces are still available
We have still had a few people having difficulty locating us, having gone to the old office, or other nearby stores. We are on Kinghorne Street on the outside of the Nowra Mall. So, to clarify, we are perhaps 200 meters down the road from our old location .. simply continue on past best and less to the traffic lights, look across the road where Telstra Business Centre stands on the corner and there we are right next Door in our flashy new Black and Green Colours! Just remember if you have pass HCF you have gone too far!
We are still contactable on (02) 4421 5577, though since the move our phones have been having issues – for which we are sorry! or by email on email@example.com . As usual you should be able to find someone here from 9 am to 5 pm Mondays through to Fridays, and from 9 am to Midday on Saturdays. So if you need to see us, or just want to place our location in mind, please feel free to stop by.
For those that visit our website to get updates rather than just reading their subscribed e-mails or RSS feeds it will come as no surprise that we have had a bit of a facelift, with the website now more reflective of the My Travel Expert and Shoalhaven Solo Sisters branding – in otherwords, its very black and green. Based on feedback for the tours we have been planning and upcoming events we have seriously culled our group departures and will be running no more than 4 departures per year. These will run with a minimum of 2 passengers and will be fully escorted by one of our staff with 16 travellers. For now our 2016 and 2017 tour schedule is as follows ..
- May 2016: My Mississippi (see below notice)
- June 2016: My African Experience. A fantastic journey to take in the highlights of Kenya and Tanzania, run in concert with the African Safari Co.
- August 2016: My Canada & Alaska Encounter. An incredible journey through the Rocky Mountains and Inside passage run in concert with Travelmarvel
- August – September 2016: My Rhine and Rhone Encounter. Two back to back river cruises taking in the best of the Western European River Highlights, run in concert with Travelmarvel
- February 2017: My Mekong Encounter. A delightful Tour through Vietnam ending in Ho Chi Minh City over Vietnamese New Year where you then Cruise to Siem Reap along the Mekong, run in concert with Evergreen Tours.
- 2017, My South American Expedition. is coming, for a first look at this we recommend you contact us and reserve your spot at our 9 September film night, but be quick spaces are limited!
If you receive our regular updates and follow our blog, facebook, twitter or websites you will know that we have been organising a Mississippi Tour with Evergreen to cover the Sounds of the South, a cultural tour taking in the American Music Capitals from Nashville to Memphis to New Orleans, with some time spent aboard a traditional paddlesteamer. It is to our regret that the company owning the cruise boats – the American Queen Steamboat Company – has reallocated their ships in 2016 for a number of private charters, which means we are forced to cancel this programme!
Having said that, there is a similar programme being run with Scenic called the “Southern Belles & Mississippi Cruise”and if anyone would still like to do a voyage that mirrors our original programme then please feel free to contact us and we can give you details on the Scenic programmes.
Once again, My Travel Expert and the Shoalhaven Solo Sisters thank you all for your continued support!
Do you dream of South America? My Travel Expert and the Shoalhaven Solo Sisters are still planning to get away a group to this fantastic continent in Early 2017. If you are looking to possibly join now is the time to let us know what you were hoping to see and do, whilst we are still in our planning stage!
We also have a traveller seeking a companion on an Inside Passage and Rocky Mountaineer voyage in September 2016. If this voyage is something you have always considered let us know, and we can see if we can match you up with our Traveller! All other current Expressions of Interest for Travel can be found on our Classifieds Page!
Are you interested in travelleing? Do none of our specials spark your interest? Do you still want someone to share the costs with? Then let us know what you are interested in seeing and doing, when you are interested in doing it and we can then present it to our league or ladies and gentlemen who are SSS Members – we won’t guarantee a compatible companion but there is always the chance you may find the perfect travelling companion.
It has been a while since we let everyone know about some of the trips we have being sought through our classifieds section, and there are a few that cover some of the most incredible scenic locations across the Globe, so if you are looking for someone to travel with, and are trying to figure out a destination .. perhaps these are possibilities!
If you have ever thought of visiting Canada and Alaska by cruising the Inside Passage we have a single lady whom is looking for a travelling companion to do just that with a preference for September of this year (2015), with the possibility for adding in a trip around the Rocky Mountains. If this September is too soon then let us know and we may be able to match you up for your desired time!
In January 2016 we have a lady seeking a companion to discover the land of the Long White Cloud. This is for a trip covering the highlights of both the North and the South Island of New Zealand – preferably by coach tour, though dependant on options they are willing to consider a shared option for a self-drive package.
From early 2016 (dates are flexible) we have a single lady seeking a travel companion to journey to Scandinavia. The focus of this journey will be a cruise of the Norwegian Fjords and possibly extending to see the highlights of Lapland, and Sweden.
Lastly we have a lady seeking a companion for an Trip to Antarctica in early 2017. This trip is for a Southbound Cruise from Usuhia or similar location with a Wildlife focus, and possibly extending to tour within South America
So if any of these incredibly scenic areas seems to be something you are after, give us a call and we will see if we are able to match you up on one of these possible getaways.
Just a quick update to say that we still have a few spaces available on our Canada and Alaska departure – though our seating availability is starting to diminish. So if you would like to see some of the highlights of the Rocky Mountains such as the Wine Region of Kelowna in the Okanagan Valley (pictured above), or some of the scenic seaside towns of the inside passage such as Ketchikan. So if you are still trying to decide if you want to go, take a peek at the below Rocky Mountaineer video, read up on the tour details here, and then get in touch with us to find out more or book yourself aboard!
We may have passed our “12 Month Early Payment” time limit for our May 2015 Evergreen Canada and Alaska Tour but there are still plenty of reasons to book aboard our departure and more discounts to still be had!
At the moment the prices start from AU$11,422.50 per person share twin, including flights to and from Australia, rail, cruise and land arrangements.*
By booking and paying a deposit in August we can still offer on that an AU$250 per person discount. By paying in Full between now and October we can offer a further AU$200 per person discount , or for those that pay in full by January an AU$100 per person discount. So that is still a possible saving of up to AU$550 per person (or AU$1100 per couple) that is still available !
So why book? What makes this departure so special?
First off we have a fantastic programme taking in the best of the Rocky Mountains and the Inside Passage, travelling from Vancouver to Seattle, with stops at Lake Louise, Kamloops, Banff, Juneau and much more. The programme itself covers a fantastic array of sites without feeling rushed spending an average of 2 nights in most of our ports of call.
Secondly we are experiencing everything you would on an APT or Scenic Tour – the Fairmont Châteaux at Lake Louise, the Rocky Mountaineer train journey, an Inside Passage Cruise with Holland America. Experiencing, but at a much lessened cost thanks to taking in a few more realistic options – silver leaf service on the train, non-lake facing rooms at the Châteaux and so on.
Thirdly (and possibly most importantly) the company! By joining this departure you will be travelling with similarly minded travellers, mostly from your local region, travellers who will give you a common point of interest as well as understanding. More to the point, if enough of our locals head off we will personally escort you all the way from Sydney, lending the experienced insights and options that our decades in the travel industry have brought us, making for an exceptionally unique experience.
So if you are still interested in coming to Canada then get in touch with us today, either give us a call on (02) 4421 5577 or email us on firstname.lastname@example.org
*Special Terms and Conditions apply to all costings, and all prices are subject to availability
So, why would you want to join us in Canada, we could spend all day giving you reasons why you should visit Canada and Alaska. Instead, aided by some fantastic images we will give you the three major reasons you should want to see this area of the world, and why you should want to join us on this unforgettable journey !
1. Wildlife. The Main reason many people visit Canada, is the opportunity to see wildlife, on this voyage during our train journey, our time on coach and on cruise you will have the opportunity to possibly see an amazing array of North American Wildlife. Grizzly Bears, Moose, Deer, Whales, Otters and more. Spending time visiting the pristine wilderness offers numerous viewing possibilities.
2. The Rocky Mountains. This visit travels through some of the most picturesque areas of the World, encompassing Banff, Lake Louise, Jasper, Kamloops and more, the Rocky Mountains present a stunning array of sights. Our trip through the Rockies will take you up to Banff from Vancouver using one of the worlds most incredible railways journeys (The Rocky Mountaineer), then we have you stay at the lakes in the always classic Fairmont properties, before we visit Jasper and return you to Vancouver.
3. The Inside Passage, the Alaskan Frontier. The inside passage is a fantastic area to journey to. The small towns and villages representing the colonisation of one of the worlds last frontiers, you will get a chance to see a world unlike the one you know, the heritage of the local Indian tribes, and the opportunity to see how people live in this rugged wilderness. An inside passage cruise will also give you a taste of the Arctic as you journey to Juneau and Glacier Bay.
Yes, all fantastic reasons to visit Canada and Alaska, why though would you want to book in now, why join us on this tour?
1. Availability. Right now, we still have a number of places available on our departure, we have a limited number of spaces available on our tour, and at this stage we only have 5 cabins/rooms left available, and after that everything is on request.
2. Company. Our upcoming Canada departure will be fully escorted, by a seasoned travel professional with experience travelling in Canada. So not only will you be travelling with others with a deep desire to see the area you are journeying to but in company that will be there to help you with any of the small bothers that may arise during travel.
3. Save. Yes, sadly our main point is about money. By booking NOW during our presale you stand to save yourself a considerable amount of money per person or per couple. What we have been seeing so far indicates prices are likely to rise over a thousand dollars once the new years rates are released, so booking in now will save you a considerable amount.
Well? What are you waiting for! AU$250 per person will secure your space on our MAY 2015, Canada and Alaska Departure, at the fantastic pre-sale price of AU$9895 per person share twin. The pre-sale is due to end soon, and will come without much warning, so if you wish to travel please get in touch with us to put down your name, or to get more details on inclusions, itinerary and pricing.