2016: May: My Mississippi Experience (18th May – 02 June 2016)
16 Day Sounds Of The South Tour
Including Traditional Steamboat Cruise
18th May – 2nd June 2016
Cost From: AU$11235 per person share twin*
Single Supplement Available upon request
Dear Travellers, please note that due to the American Queen Steamboat rescheduling her sailings and cruise options, there will be no “Sounds of the South” Progammes, operated by Evergreen in 2016. For those still wishing to do this kind of journey please contact us as we have a few limited options with SCENIC for Similar dates. – The Team At My Travel Expert
Book Now For The Guaranteed Best Earlybird Offers! Including Companion Fly Free
* Above pricing is based on Companion Fly Free Deal which is available for a limited time. What you are looking at is Passenger 1 paying AU$12,575 and Passenger 2 paying AU$9895.00 . Which if combined evenly divided between travellers is AU$11,235. This deal is subject to availability and confirmation of flights and taxes
Land Only: AU$9895.00 per person in share twin Single Supplement: from AU$4400.00
Cabin Upgrades Available on Request – base price is based on Outside Staterooms with bay Windows
Any Bookings Require an AU$3000 deposit within 7 Days.
For a taste of the American Queen Steamboat Company take a look at the below video we released during our Pre-Sale
- 7 Day Eastern USA Experience
- 7 Night Mississippi River Steamboat Cruise on board the traditional and luxurious American Queen
- Premium First Class hotels including all hotel service charges and porterage
- The services of an Evergreen Tour Director
- All tipping and gratuities included
- Return airport transfers
- In depth tour of the country music capital of the world, Nashville including a visit to the famous Studio B
- Learn of the fascinating life of Elvis Presley with a visit to Graceland
- Live the rock and roll dream with a tour of Memphis including the birth place of rock’n’roll, Sun Studios
- Discover the Mississippi River and its fascinating and historical towns and plantations in depth
- Explore exemplary examples of antebellum architecture including Stanton Hall in Natchez
- Get to know the historic plantation town of St Francisville
- Tour the impressive Nottoway Plantation, one of the largest southern plantations in existence
- Be guided through the lively and colourful New Orleans and explore the fascinating the French Quarter
- Tour the most iconic country music venue in the world with a guided tour of the Ryman Auditorium, with dinner and a show at the Grand Ole Opry
- Get to know the essence of the home of blues with dinner and a show at BB Kings Blues Club
- Visit the cosmopolitan city of Atlanta
- Take a stroll down Honky Tonk Row where country music never sleeps
- Experience the neon lights and blues clubs at Memphis with a walk down Beale Street
- Discover the rich culture and musical heritage of the deep South
- Uncover the capital of Louisiana, Baton Rouge
- 29 superb meals including 13 Full Breakfasts (FB), 6 Lunches (L), 8 Dinners (D) & 2 Highlight Dinners (HD)
Programme Subject to Confirmation of 2016 Itinerary
Day 1: Arrive Atlanta: Welcome to the USA! On arrival at Atlanta Airport you will be met and transferred* to your hotel. Atlanta is a world class modern city with a rich and passionate history, and it is the hub and commercial capital of Georgia. Overnight Stay: Marriott Marquis
Day 2: Atlanta – Nashville (B,D): Journey to Nashville or “Music City” the home of country music. Since its inception, Nashville has been linked to music, from Davy Crockett to Miles Davis, from Bob Dylan to Beyoncé, the best of the best come here to learn and share their art. Get a taste of this incredible city with a walk along the famous Honky Tonk Row. You’re Invited: Take a guided tour of the Ryman Auditorium, followed by dinner and a show at the legendary musical institution, the Grand Ole Opry. Two Night Stay: DoubleTree by Hilton
Day 3: Nashville (B): Tour the recording studios of Music Row where some of the greats of Country Music have recorded, then visit the Country Music Hall of Fame that houses one of the best collections of country music memorabilia, instruments and costumes in existence. The rest of the day is free to explore Nashville, the “Music City”.
Day 4: Nashville – Memphis (B,D): Travel to Memphis, the blues capital of the world. Tour the famous Sun Studio, known as the birthplace of rock ‘n roll we explore the memorabilia and hear fascinating stories of fame and fortune, excess and success. Then visit Graceland, the home of “The King”, Elvis Presley. Explore his mansion and see his private planes, costumes, gold records and awards. You’re Invited: Head to BB Kings Blues Club and get a taste of some true southern rock and blues. Enjoy BB Kings favourite southern dishes as you listen to the best of Memphis music. Two Night Stay: Westin Memphis
Day 5: Memphis (B): Today is free for you to discover Memphis. Discover More: Take a Discover Memphis tour, or jump on board the music bus with a tour of Memphis’ musical heritage (additional expense)
Day 6: Memphis – 7 Night Mississippi Cruise (B,D): Transfer to the pier to board your magnificent cruise ship. Check into your comfortable Inside Stateroom (upgrade to Outside Stateroom with Window or Outside Stateroom with Veranda additional expense) on the luxurious American Queen Steamboat and settle-in for an unforgettable 7 night voyage along the extraordinary Mississippi River.
Day 7: Greenville (B,L,D): Greenville is at the very heart and soul of Mississippi Delta and is the birthplace of B.B. King and many other blues singers, so naturally Greenville has Blues integrated into its culture. The town is also known for its many authors and writers, gardens and museums. This beautiful town is sure to win your heart with its southern charm and soul!
Day 8: Vicksburg (B,L,D): Discover a unique blend of old and new in Vicksburg. Take in the diversity from National Historic Landmarks to the Waterways Experiment Station. Visit the Church of the Holy Trinity and a wide selection of museums.
Day 9: Natchez (B,L,D): Step into the plantation lifestyle of the antebellum south in Natchez. Visit historic Jefferson College, tour antebellum mansions and take a tour of Stanton Hall which was built in 1857 and is considered the grandest of the Natchez mansions. Also see Magnolia Hall, Rosalie Mansion and William Johnson House.
Day 10: St Francisville (B,L,D): This quaint town located on the bluffs of the Mississippi River is your window to the past. With over 140 buildings on the National Register, beautiful plantation homes nestled in the rolling countryside, and bustling Main Street shops, you’ll find plenty to keep you interested.
Day 11: Baton Rouge (B,L,D): The capital of Louisiana, visitors delight in the seamless blend of past and present. Tour the USS Kidd, the Old Governor’s Mansion, St. Joseph Cathedral, the current Governor’s Mansion, the Louisiana State Capitol building and the Capitol Park Museum.
Day 12: Plantation Road (B,L,D): Enjoy an included tour of Nottoway Plantation, the South’s largest remaining antebellum mansion. This stunning historical plantation lies between Baton Rouge and New Orleans and offers a view of a truly grand plantation. Enjoy a guided tour of an American Castle as we explore within the pristine walls of Nottoway followed by a stroll through the lush grounds and gardens.
Day 13: New Orleans (B,D): Disembark early this morning and transfer to your hotel. New Orleans is the home of Jazz and is steeped in a history of influences from Europe, the Caribbean, Africa and beyond. Our local guide joins us for a tour of the French Quarter which is the oldest neighbourhood and cultural hub. Visit an historic cemetery, referred to as the “City of the Dead”, then visit St Charles Avenue and the Garden District which is home to some of the best preserved Southern mansions in the country. Overnight Stay: Hilton New Orleans Riverside
Day 14: Depart New Orleans (B): Transfer* to the airport to board your homeward flight.
For more information on this programme, please contact My Travel Expert on (02) 4421 5577, email us on firstname.lastname@example.org or fill in the below form:
This tour is run in conjunction with our industry partner:
For more on Evergreen Tours please contact us at My Travel Expert