2017: March: My South American Expedition (2nd-21st March 2017)
20 Day Best of South America
Lima to Buenos Aires
2nd – 21st March 2017
Cost From: AU$10,746 per person
Single Supplement Available upon request
Book Now For The Guaranteed Best Earlybird Offers! Including Companion Fly Free
* Above pricing is based on Companion Fly Free Deal which is available for a limited time. What you are looking at is Passenger 1 paying AU$12,100 and Passenger 2 paying AU$9395.00 . Which if combined evenly divided between travellers is AU$10,746. This deal is subject to availability and confirmation of flights and taxes
- Fully escorted by an English speaking Evergreen Tours Tour Director†
- Services of expert Local Guides and Local Hosts
- All tipping and gratuities included
- Personalised Airport transfers
- Baggage handling throughout the tour
- All intra-tour flights (as specified in the itinerary)
- Deluxe Hotels with all service charges, taxes and porterage included
- Sightseeing by modern air-conditioned coaches
- Learn of Inca and Pre Inca cultures followed by a dinner at the Larco Museum
- Interact with and learn from students at a local school in the Sacred Valley
- Meet a local artisan and learn about Peru’s ancient art form of ceramics
- Enjoy the Rio carnival spirit and try on some parade costumes at the Sambadrome
- Traditional Brazilian Churrascaria dinner in Rio de Janeiro
- Experience gaucho life in rural Argentina with an Estancia stay
- Tango show and dinner in Buenos Aires
- Lima City Tour of colonial and modern Lima
- Tour the Sacred Valley visiting the colourful market town of Pisac and a llama farm
- Explore the imposing ruins of Ollantaytambo
- Take the Vistadome Train to the famous Inca City of Machu Picchu and enjoy a guided tour
- In Cuzco marvel at the Incan, Spanish and modern architecture on a walking tour
- Visit the Inca fortress of Sacsayhuaman
- Tour the floating Uros islands on Lake Titicaca
- Undertake a guided walking tour of the Brazilian Falls and Argentinian Falls
- Rio de Janeiro city sights tour including Corcovado Mountain to see the famous “Christ the Redeemer” statue, and cable car up Sugar Loaf Mountain
- Buenos Aires city sights tour of the famed “Paris of the Americas”
- 30 superb meals including 18 Full Breakfasts (FB), 1 Continental Breakfast (CB), 1 Lunch (L), 1 Highlight Lunch (HL), 5 Dinners (D) & 4 Highlight Dinners (HD)
- Welcome dinner at the superb Larco Museum
- Argentinian “asado” bbq lunch on an Estancia
4th March 2017: Day 3: Lima – Sacred Valley (B,D): Transfer to the airport for your flight to Cuzco, the ancient capital of the Inca Empire set high in the Andes Mountains. As you transfer to the breath-taking Sacred Valley, stop off at Awana Kancha llama farm and textile centre. Gain an insight into the Andean cameloids; llama, alpaca, vicuña and guanaco as well as viewing traditional Andean weaving techniques. This afternoon we head into the colourful town of Pisac with its traditional markets. Continue along the fertile Sacred Valley marvelling at the towering mountains and unique way of life that has remained unchanged for hundreds of years. Two Night Stay: Sacred Valley
5th March 2017: Day 4: Sacred Valley (B): Enjoy a walking tour of the town of Ollantaytambo, the oldest continuously occupied settlement in the Americas. Your tour includes a visit to the incredible Incan fortress that overlooks the town. You’re Invited: We will then visit a local community which will give you the chance to meet the students and teachers at the local school and learn about their lifestyle. You’re Invited: Meet a local artisan and learn about the importance of ceramics in Peruvian culture with a visit to Seminario Ceramics.
6th March 2017: Day 5: Sacred Valley – Machu Picchu (B,D): Transfer to the train station and board the Vistadome train for the journey to Machu Picchu. The highlight of the day is your visit to the ancient Inca site. Mystery still surrounds these well preserved ruins perched in between sheer cliffs and your visit will allow you to understand why they are one of the Seven Wonders of the World. Your expert local guide will share stories and knowledge to reveal some of the mysteries of this “Lost City of the Incas”.
Overnight Stay: Machu Picchu
7th March 2017: Day 6: Machu Picchu – Cuzco (B): Spend the morning exploring the quaint town of Aguas Calientes before re boarding the Vistadome train back to Ollantaytambo. Return by coach through the beautiful Sacred Valley and across the patchwork fields of the Chinchero plateau to Cuzco. Three Night Stay: Cuzco
8th March Day 7: Cuzco (B,D): Be guided on a walking tour of the charming city of Cuzco, a World Heritage listed site that was a former capital of the Incas. Explore the beautiful main plaza and its surrounding cathedrals. Be guided through cobblestone streets and past ancient Inca buildings to Cuzco’s fascinating central market. Finish with a visit to the Inca ruins on the outskirts of the city including the fortress of Sacsayhuaman. Tonight dine at a local restaurant that specialises in novo Andean cuisine.
9th March 2017: Day 8: Cuzco (B): Today is free to explore the fascinating town of Cuzco. Discover More: Explore the archaeological site of Moray and the salt pans of Maras, take a markets, museums and ruins tour or visit a Peruvian Paso Horse Ranch (additional expense).
10th March 2017: Day 9: Cuzco – Puno (B,D): A day of superb Andean scenery lies ahead as you make your way to Lake Titicaca, the birthplace of the Inca Empire. Along the way visit the charming highland village of Andahuaylillas before arriving in Puno on the banks of beautiful Lake Titicaca. Overnight Stay: Puno
11th March 2017: Day 10: Lake Titicaca – Lima (B): Today enjoy an excursion to the unique floating islands of Uros. These islands are made of the hollow totora reeds which allow them to float. Entire communities are built on these fascinating islands and your guide will introduce you to the unique lifestyle of the Uros communities. Afterwards transfer to the airport for our flight to Lima. Overnight Stay: Lima
12th March 2017: Day 11: Lima – Iguazu Falls, Brazil (B,D): Transfer to the airport for your flight to the World Heritage listed Iguazu Falls. Two Night Stay: Iguazu Falls
13th March 2017: Day 12: Iguazu Falls (B): Iguazu Falls are an incredible sight to behold. Set in a tropical jungle, an enormous river spills over towering cliffs to create a thunderous roar. Cross the border into Argentina for your tour of the Argentinian side of the falls. Board the ecological train and ride to the ‘Devil’s Throat’ viewpoint. Feel the spray of the water and gaze in awe at one of the most spectacular views that Iguazu has to offer.
14th March 2017: Day 13: Iguazu Falls – Rio de Janeiro (B): This morning tour the majestic Brazilian falls. Make your way through the rainforest and along walkways up close to the base of the falls for outstanding views. Transfer to the airport for your flight to Rio de Janeiro and famous Copacabana Beach. Rio is a city full of life, colour and vibrancy mixed with beautiful tropical coastal scenery and is a delight to visit. Three Night Stay: Rio de Janeiro
15th March 2017: Day 14: Rio de Janeiro (B,D): Today we tour the marvellous sights of Rio de Janeiro. Ride the cogwheel railway up Corcovado Mountain and see the famous ‘Christ the Redeemer’ statue. Ride the cable car to the top of Sugar Loaf Mountain for amazing views of the city and landscape. You’re Invited: Have some fun and get to know how the locals party with a visit to the Sambadrome, the site of the famous Rio Carnival where we try on some elaborate and colourful carnival costumes. This evening feast like a local in a typical Brazilian Churrascaria.
16th March 2017: Day 15: Rio de Janeiro (B): Today is free for you to explore Rio at your own pace. Discover More: Take an eye opening Favela tour or relax on a cruise of Guanabara Bay (additional expense).
17th March 2017: Day 16: Rio de Janeiro – Argentinian Ranch, Argentina (B,L,D): Transfer to the airport for your flight to Buenos Aires, Argentina, a country rich in history and culture. You’re Invited: We transfer to the beautiful countryside outside of Buenos Aires to a magnificent Argentinian ranch or “estancia”. Here you will get under the skin of Argentinian life and learn about their famous cowboys or “gauchos”. The afternoon is spent exploring the estancia and enjoying the surroundings. Overnight stay: Argentinian Ranch
18th March 2017: Day 17: Argentinian Ranch – Buenos Aires (B,L): Enjoy the tranquillity of the Argentinian outback, explore the farm or take a horseback ride in the morning, then feast on a traditional “parilla” or BBQ lunch before making our way to the sophisticated city of Buenos Aires. With a strong European influence and having enjoyed wealth and opulence once upon a time, Buenos Aires is a wonderful place to discover.
Three Night Stay: Buenos Aires
19th March 2017: Day 18: Buenos Aires (B): Get acquainted with this beautiful city known as the “Paris of the Americas”. Visit the central square, Plaza de Mayo surrounded by the Casa Rosada (Presidential Headquarters Office), the Cabildo (Colonial Town Hall) and the Cathedral. Get to know how the locals live as we drop in to a traditional and historical Café. We then travel through the charming streets of San Telmo, the home of Tango and down the colourful roads of La Boca, famous for its multi-coloured houses. Make our way to the famous Recoleta Cemetery, an amazing above ground cemetery lined with mausoleums and statues.
20th March 2017: Day 19: Buenos Aires (B,D): Explore Buenos Aires at your own pace. You’re Invited: This evening we have our last taste of tradition and culture as we soak up the sultry moves of a tango show accompanied by a sumptuous farewell dinner. Discover More: Walking tour to Colon Theatre, cruise through the Tigre Delta or take a Culinary tour (additional expense).
21st March 2017: Day 20: Depart Buenos Aires (B): Transfer* to the airport for your onward flight. Chau!
For more information on this programme, please contact My Travel Expert on (02) 4421 5577, email us on email@example.com or fill in the below form:
This tour is run in conjunction with our industry partner:
For more on Evergreen Tours please contact us at My Travel Expert